Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Landscape with the fall of Icarus" by Pieter Bruege

Cathy Pham
English 12 C.P.



In this portrait "Landscape with the fall of Icarus" by Pieter Bruegel, my observation is I see a young man, well dressed holding wood and shaping the grass. I see a lot of pretty landscape that is occupied by sheep and 3 men. The man looks like he’s going to fall into the water, trying to grab fish or other objects that is inside of the water. The blue and yellow sky stood out to me because it looks like the sun is rising or either setting. The sail boats looks like it is leaving the island and going to the other end. The guy standing next to the sheep looks like he has been hunting or just looking at the wonderful view. I see leaves and very little of them, it is probably cold out because of the way they are dressed. They are wearing very long clothing and a hat. I see mountains and huge rocks. I also see people's home or little houses. I see a big island in the middle of the ocean. The horse looks like it is very tired. When I look deeply into this picture I see a small town full of opportunity. On the far right I see white mountains and it looks like no one lives on that side of the town and it looks pretty much isolated. I see three birds flying into the town and they are all spread apart not only in one area of the town. The little castle or house in the middle of the water looks like very cold. The sail boat looks very spacious and very nice for their time. When I see a leg or arm sticking up in the water, trying to swim or swimming away from the guy next to the water. I see very dry dirt and grass. The wood that he is carrying around to carve the floor looks not advancement and that means they do not have the technology to help them carve the floor to make it look beautiful. The sky is blue and yellow and very inconsistency with the color sequence. The guy looks like a caramel apple because of his clothing, it has no type of style. It looks like only women would wear something like that. I see a dog next to the guy. I guess the dog is there to help regulate the sheep and where the sheep have to go and where to eat. The guy looks like he is guarding them so that they won't run away or fall into the water. The source of food for the sheep is the dry grass and the water. They have no good water supply for the sheep. I see a shadow of a volcano or a huge mountain next to the sun and it looks like the town has formed by it. The man that is carving the floor looks like he know what he is doing and likes to do it. The horse looks very healthy and is well groomed even though he is probably over worked. I see a lot of space that is not occupied by civilians during this time because they had low amount of transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment